About Me

My photo
IIUM OPTOMETRY STUDENTS SOCIETY 'We put 'I Care' in the eye care'. This blog is mainly for IIUM optometry students and the public. It plans to centralise all information and knowlegde in one medium. In more interactive way!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

I Eat Carrot and Drink Its Juice for My Clear Vision..!


My little brother tells me, he eats raw carrots and drinks its juice to maintain his good vision (he’s already a myopic person). Yeah, there is some truth of this one, bro!

Carrots contain vitamin A that is good for the eyes. But, fresh fruits and dark green, leafy vegetables may be even better. Because, they contain antioxidants that may help protect the eyes against age-related cataracts and macular degeneration.

Eating any vegetable or any supplement containing these vitamins or substances won’t prevent or correct the basic vision problems (myopia and hyperopia). Actually, too much vitamin A can harm eyes and health. 


HMMM... What say you, bro? 

By: Nasrah & Faiz

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails